Friday, February 15, 2008

A Humble Request

Hello Dear Readers--

For one of my grad school classes, I'm working on an article about Generation Y and why those of us in our twenties seem to have trouble becoming fully functioning grown-ups. (I'm sure my interest in this topic has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I'm turning 27 this week and am currently in the throes of a raging quarter-life crisis. But more on that later.)

Anyway, I need to interview a few twentysomethings out there about your experiences...what you define as adulthood, do you feel you've reached it yet and, if not, what's the hold up? And what better place to find interviewees than to turn to the Internets? So, if you are between the ages of 22 and 30, are not a personal friend or acquaintance of mine (since that would be journalistically unsound) and have something to say about this subject, drop me a line at GEM0216@gmail.com.

Also, the plan is to hopefully get this published somewhere so don't tell me anything you wouldn't want to see in print.

Thanks, and Happy Friday!

Meghan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed your cut off by a month, but if you are interested in interviewing a just-30 year old, I'm game. I can tell you how odd it is to not quite be generation Y or X. I think we're generation whatever.

Unknown said...

Hmm.
Do I count as a friend and acquaintance? Because I have a heck of a lot of interesting things to say about the quarter life crisis you know...

regardless good luck with the piece! Hopefully we'll get to read it here once you're finished??