Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's True...We're SO Lame!

Hopefully, Obama's eloquent speech on Tuesday will spark a mature and serious national discussion about the issues of race and identity.

But in the meantime...

References to the blog Stuff White People Like are popping up everywhere lately. It seems to get quite a mixed reaction from readers, but I have to say that I find it pretty amusing. (I guess ironic self-derision is also something that white people like). I always knew that I was extremely white, but I didn't realize that I was such a walking, talking, blogging, public radio-listening stereotype.

And after my love letter to The Wire in my last post, I got a real kick out of #85.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true, white people love that site!

Unknown said...

I found this site a few weeks ago and like you, I find it extremely amusing. Especially because I find myself nodding after I read every post thinking... "um, yeah, I do like that..."